Privacy Statement – Royce Student Summit
The Royce Student Summit will be taking place on 2 – 3 March 2021. The event will be delivered virtually and can be accessed through www.roycestudentsummit.org
Royce will be working in collaboration with Marick Communications as the events management partner.
This Privacy Statement outlines how personal data will be handled for the purposes of organising the Royce Student Summit.
Three types of data will be collected to support the event:
1. Registration information which includes:
- First name
- Email address
- Role (student/supervisor)
- Royce research Drivers of interest
- If a student, awarding institution, any additional affiliations, and expected year of graduation
2. Abstract application information which includes:
- First name
- Last name
- Doctorate awarding institution
- Expected year of graduation
- Abstract title
- Royce key Drivers for advanced materials research into which the applicants’ research most closely aligns
3. Equality, Diversity & Inclusion data which includes:
- Caring responsibilities
- Disability and long-term health conditions
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
- Socio-economic variables
Who will store the registration information?
Marick Communications will store the registration information.
Who will registration information be shared with?
- Registration information will be shared with the Henry Royce Institute for the purposes of events management.
- Contact details of attendees will only be shared with the Henry Royce Institute if explicit consent has been given by the attendee.
Who will store the abstract application information?
Marick Communications will store the abstract application information.
Who will abstract application information be shared with?
- Abstract application information will be shared with the Henry Royce Institute for the purposes of selecting speakers and session chairs for the Summit.
Why is EDI data being collected for the Royce Student Summit?
EDI data is being collected to:
- Assist us and our funders (EPSRC) in better understanding the materials community and who is attending our events.
- Ensure a diverse range of speakers are invited to contribute to the event.
Is it mandatory to provide EDI data?
It is not mandatory to provide this information: please only provide these details if you feel comfortable to do so. There is a ‘Prefer not to say’ option for each EDI question.
How is EDI data being stored?
- EDI data provided through the event registration will be held by Marick Communications.
When will EDI data be shared, why and who with?
- EDI data will be anonymised and shared with the Henry Royce Institute Information Governance Guardian for the purposes of monitoring and reporting following the close of registration for the conference on 2 March 2021.
- Anonymised EDI data collected from those submitting abstracts will be shared with an independent observer whose role it is to ensure that the Research Driver Sessions on Day 1 of the conference include a diverse range of speakers.
How long will EDI data be stored?
- Anonymised EDI data from attendees will be stored by the Henry Royce Institute Information Governance Officer indefinitely after the event.
- Marick Communications are under a contractual obligation to delete all EDI data they hold by 10 March 2021.
If you have any queries regarding data collection in reference to the Royce Student Summit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org